The role of Grenada Sailing Association
The Grenada Sailing Association was formed as the national administrative body and registered in June, 1997. Currently, the Association works toward these goals:
- Encourage, support and endorse yachting activities among GSA members in key areas including: Junior Sailing; Dinghy Racing; Keelboat Racing; Work Boat Racing and Community Sailing; Regattas and Sailing Events.
- Provide guidance on rules governing sailing competitions and the conduct of sailing competitions among the members of the Association.
- Exercise advisory jurisdiction over activities carried out by the members of the Association.
- Foster and support educational programs and training for amateur yachtsmen, with particular emphasis on juniors and youth, for the long-term goal of participation in international, national and intersectional competitions.
- Encourage and develop public interest in the participation of Grenadian sailors in all national, intersectional and international event.
- Support and encourage all activities and events which promote Grenada as a destination for sailing and racing events